Has It Really….

It’s really been six weeks since I last entered anything into this website!  I’ll tell you what it’s been a wide ride the last couple months.  There are people buying houses and expecting me to paint.  Yes paint, one of the things in life I really don’t care to do.  I will say one thing about painting, I am good at it, but I hate it none the less.  “The River” keeps calling me weekend after weekend.  But like I’ve said time and time again, “I didn’t buy it to let it sit empty”.  My wife and I are enjoying retirement now so to speak.  I can’t tell you how many people ask me on a weekly basis, “you going to The River this weekend”?  Probably the biggest reason that I’ve been away is work.  My goodness it’s a time there let me tell you.  If there’s a problem I’m involved.  No one is calling me with good news, and the phone calls I have to make are one’s I normally don’t look forward to.  You ever been on the phone with someone who goes on and on on what we should be doing and you can’t tell them to shut the hell up?  You just have to, for the sake of the company and customer, sit there, listen, roll your eyes silently and hope for it to end soon.  Occasionally I will get a call for advice.  Pretty cool.  I really wonder how many decisions I make on a daily basis.  Most times the decision is a not a popular one with someone.  Anyway by the time I get home I’m beat, not physically, but mentally taxed.  Even then my phone keeps reaching out to me.  On the home front after I get home I do what I got to do and signing on and blogging is not one of them.  There’s always something going on or on the horizon.  Funny how I always dream of down time but after a few minutes of down time I’m looking for something to tinker with, read or whatever.  There’s very little down time, but I do it to myself.  This past Friday my wife and I got up and drove two hours to Raleigh for a noon wedding and reception, then drove over to Durham to spend some time with family and then out to dinner Friday night in downtown Durham, Saturday morning we arose early for my nieces 9:00 AM soccer game then afterward headed home stopping along the way for a late lunch, once home we vegged.  Even early during the veg time I was looking for something to do.  Of course once the recliner got me that was it.  Next weekend is a three day weekend as well and we have half that already planned.  You know what?  I’m looking forward to it!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *